GDF SUEZ Group
GDF SUEZ develops its businesses around a model based on responsible growth to take up today’s major challenges: meeting energy needs, ensuring the security of supply, fighting climate change and maximizing resource utilisation.
The Group provides highly efficient and innovative solutions to individuals, cities and businesses by relying on diversified gas-supply sources, flexible and low-emission power generation, as well as unique expertise in four key sectors: liquefied natural gas, energy efficiency services, independent power production and environmental services.
GDF SUEZ employs 218,900 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €90.7 billion in 2011. The Group is listed on the Brussels, Luxembourg and Paris stock exchanges and is represented in the main international indices: CAC 40, BEL 20, DJ Stoxx 50, DJ Euro Stoxx 50, Euronext 100, FTSE Eurotop 100, MSCI Europe, ASPI Eurozone and ECPI Ethical Index EMU.
- 218,900 employees throughout the world
- €90.7 billion in 2011 revenues
- 1,100 researchers and experts at 9 R&D centers
- No. 1 independent power producer in the world
- 50% increase in renewable energy capacity between 2009 and 2015
Natural gas and LNG
- No. 2 buyer of natural gas in Europe
- No. 1 network for transporting and distributing natural gas in Europe
- No. 1 supplier to cities and businesses across Europe
- No. 2 supplier of environmental services in the world